List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE]  is rpm the right tool for this job?
From:       Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer () home ! nl>
Date:       2006-10-18 14:55:13

On Tuesday 17 October 2006 20:42, Per Jessen wrote:
> Leendert Meyer wrote:
> > What about autoyast? If they are new installs...
> >
> > I was thinking of this too. Per should really give this some
> > consideration. Install autoyast, and have a look in
> > the /usr/share/doc/packages/autoyast/ directory. On the GRUB
> > prompt one could do:
>
> I have had a look at autoyast, but my requirement is to start with
> a default system, then run a script/something and do a whole of
> things to create the environment I need.  Typically the system
> will be installed with a default image by a provider.

Aha, seems you need some kind of run-once script?

> Ian Marlier did suggest it might be worth looking into if I could
> install these systems using autoyast, but I'm leaning towards
> cfengine as suggested by others - looks like more of a long-term
> management system.

www.cfengine.org? (I'm not familiar with cfengine.)

There is a mailinglist for autoyast: suse-autoinstall. Anas Nashif
was working on this, before he moved to Intel.

How about posting on either suse-autoinstall or the cfengine
mailinglist?

Cheers,

Leen