List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Suse 10.1 doesn't start anymore.: help!
From:       Marco Fioretti <mfioretti () mclink ! it>
Date:       2006-10-18 14:13:27

> I replaced the HD. Try running several passes of badblocks
> on the partition holding yours to see if your problem might too
> be the HD

Thanks for the tip. However, I have found here:

http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man8/badblocks.8.html

that "it is strongly recommended that users not run badblocks directly,
but rather use the -c option of the e2fsck and mke2fs programs".

shouldn't I do that instead? Or, better, "e3fsck -c", since these are
ext3 file systems?

TIA,
Marco