List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    [SLE] SPAM: Detailed Instructions For Installing Downloaded Binary Applications
From:       "W. D. Allen" <ballensr () adelphia ! net>
Date:       2006-10-14 17:10:25

I have downloaded two binary formatted applications, Scilab and Adobe Reader, but \
cannot find any guidance in SuSE Help on installing the programs so I can use them.

Have gone to Novell's website but no help there either. Is there a good book \
addressing such SuSE problems? Alternatively, could someone spell out the needed \
steps for a Linux newbie?

Thanks,

W. D. Allen Sr.
ballensr@adelphia.net