List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] after YOU update ... vmware workstation won't start?
From:       "PerfectReign" <suse () xr4ti ! cotse ! net>
Date:       2006-08-16 14:20:32

Peter Van Lone wrote:
> Must I re-install vmware, or is there some other procedure I have to
go through, to make vmware 5.5 workstation work after a YOU update
(perhaps after a YOU update updates the kernel)?

> Or, where can I look to find why it will not load, after an update
done last night?

For some reason, vmware seems to be hooked into the kernel. (Poor
design, IMO.)

You have to re-run the setup.  If you watch your comand line screen
while booting, you'll see the vmware failed message along with what
you need to do. I believe you need to run vmware-install.pl from
whereever vmware is located. ??
/usr/bin/share/program/stuff/some/other/subdir ??
--
Kai Ponte
www.perfectreign.com

--