List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Package updates with YAST on SUSE 9.3
From:       Darryl Gregorash <raven () accesscomm ! ca>
Date:       2006-07-14 18:53:11

On 14/07/06 08:05, Richard Pace wrote:
>Hi:
>Last time I updated KDE, I used ftp.oregonstate.edu as my "source of
>Installation" for YaST.  This was last May.  Now it seems everything has
>moved to "opensuse"?  Anywasy, I cannot find any URLs at the opensuse site
>for 9.3 for YaST.  I found the KDE RPMs for 3.5.3 at opensuse in the link
>below.  But I think YaST needs s directory with  "directory.yast" in it, or
>something like that for the installation source URL.
>
>http://ftp.opensuse.org/pub/opensuse/repositories/KDE:/
>
>I read the doc at http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/User
>and looked for YaST directories here:
>http://software.opensuse.org/download/repositories/
>
>So I'm lost now.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  I did look in
>the list archives for some clues but didn't find any.  Maybe I didn't search
>correctly.  Anyone updated 9.3 lately?

What exactly is it you wish to update? All the installation sources up
to 9.3 are still on the old mirrors, which you can find listed at
http://www.novell.com/products/suselinux/downloads/ftp/int_mirrors.html.
All the security updates for all versions are also still on those mirrors.

The only things that have moved are the "supplementary" packages, and
those are the only ones for which the problem you mention exists.
However, you only need these if you have some compelling reason to
change, for example, from the KDE version 3.4 that is in SuSe 9.3.