List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    [SLE] Mounting usb device in 10.1
From:       "Claes at work" <claesatwork () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-05-21 19:09:34

Hello,

can someone explain to me how automatic mounting of usb devices are
supposed to work in OpenSuse 10.1?

If I insert my Sandisk Cruzer usb stick I get a KDE dialog: "A new
medium has been detected. What do you want to do?". If I choose "Open
in New Window" I get a konqueror window with the url
system:/media/sdb1 together with an error dialog "Permissions denied".
Typing mount in the shell does not reveal any mounting. At some point
it seems to have worked - I have a directory /media/usbdisk but with
no contents.

Seems something does not work as it should here. Especially, I am not
interested in some service protocol for accessing the usb stick - I
would prefer it being mounted as usual. Is this some fallback that
fails?

Thanks, Claes