List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] The future of SuSE Linux as we know it?
From:       lerninlinux () comcast ! net
Date:       2006-04-05 14:55:54

From: Allen <slackwarewolf@comcast.net>
> On Tuesday 04 April 2006 11:47 pm, lerninlinux@comcast.net wrote:

> So why not open a terminal in SUSE and as root type init 3? I don't understand
> this... The gentoo install is stupid at stage 1 and the only reason peopel do
> it is for ego. Do you think that .... 2% speed increase maybe? Means anything
> to a user? No.
>
> And why did you send this to me off list, if I read and replied to you I'm
> obviously on this list.

As being discussed on the list, the whole Reply to thing,  You have to click reply to \
all, then delete the user, to reply to the list (webmail restrictions, stupid, yes!). \
And if you look at the time, I was falling asleep at the keyboard.  I am sorry for \
that. Ego, no,    It doesn't temp you with ease of use.  And it does allow me to TRY \
another distro,  just like Linux, it's about CHOICE.  I never understand WHY people \
seem to have a problem with that.