List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] The future of SuSE Linux as we know it?
From:       Allen <slackwarewolf () comcast ! net>
Date:       2006-04-05 5:02:37

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 11:47 pm, lerninlinux@comcast.net wrote:
> From: Allen <slackwarewolf@comcast.net>
>
> > On Tuesday 04 April 2006 12:32 pm, lerninlinux@comcast.net wrote:
> > > taking a couple of older ones, and trying things like Gentoo on them,
> > > so I learn more about how things work.  As I am not sure what I know,
> > > and what distro's like Suse, help make easy for me.
> >
> > Why Gentoo? It's not even hard to install, if you want something that
> > REALLY makes you work try Detuxx, Linux from Hell. A gentoo fan boy I
> > know decided to try it and gave up.
>
> Simply to make me learn more of the command line, and text functions.  Not
> to give myself a headache.

So why not open a terminal in SUSE and as root type init 3? I don't understand
this... The gentoo install is stupid at stage 1 and the only reason peopel do
it is for ego. Do you think that .... 2% speed increase maybe? Means anything
to a user? No.

And why did you send this to me off list, if I read and replied to you I'm
obviously on this list.

If you want to learn more of the "command line" then open a konsole and do it.

> I also want to expand out the other way, and run x remotely (not vnc).
>
> Just to learn.

So set up SSH and X11....