List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] small laptop
From:       kai <kai () perfectreign ! com>
Date:       2006-03-31 3:18:47

On Thursday 30 March 2006 01:18 am, Kevanf1 wrote:
<snip>
> I've got to agree.  I tend to run many different flavours of Linux on
> various old - and ancient, PC speaking - computers.  Fair enough, if I
> want to run a distro with all bells and whistles then I expect the PC
> to run slooooooow.  Many people have software on their PC that they
> will never use.  I like to have just what I know I will be using.  All
> this boils down to the fact that I can run new distros with as little
> 128 or even 96mb of RAM.  Often on 6gb drives and CPU's that are
> around 500mhz or even less in some cases.  That's the beauty of Linux

Hey, Mandrake 6.0 ran just fine with KDE 2 on my P133. :P

Of course, I could never get my Palm III to sync with Star Office. (Sounds
like my current situation, as I still cannot get my Zire 72 to sync at all.)
--
kai - www.perfectreign.com
www.livebeans.com - the new NetBeans community

43...for those who require slightly more than
the answer to life, the universe and everything.