List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Adding users as NON root
From:       Dick Kniep <dick () kniep ! nl>
Date:       2006-03-29 16:33:20

Hi list,

Thanks for all the suggestions and comments. I solved it by using the
following entries in the sudoers file:

%usermod        ALL =
NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/groupmod, /usr/sbin/useradd, /usr/sbin/userdel
%usermod        ALL = (%cvix) NOPASSWD: /opt/OpenOffice.org/program/setup

The first line means that all members of the usermod group can run all
mentioned commands, so groupmod, useradd and userdel

The second line means that any member of the usermod can logon as any user in
the cvix group and execute the setup of OpenOffice.

Together this means that I have a secure way of setting up users that is both
comfortable and fast.

Thanks again for all suggestions!

Dick Kniep