List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] free/share ware Purify
From:       Nick LeRoy <nleroy () cs ! wisc ! edu>
Date:       2006-02-18 4:12:29

On Friday 17 February 2006 5:19 pm, babu Avedissian wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Is there a gnu/free/share version of Purify for Linux
> out there?

Try looking into valgrind.  Not quite as fancy as Purify, but it works pretty
well for detecting leaks, memory overwrites, etc.  I tend to use it quite a
lot, and I know quite a few others who do, as well.

-Nick

--
           <<< Why, oh, why, didn't I take the blue pill? >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project