List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Flac to OGG conversion?
From:       jfweber () bellsouth ! net
Date:       2006-01-04 21:33:25

On Wednesday 04 January 2006 2:46 pm, Doug McGarrett wrote:
> At 10:34 AM 1/4/2006 -0800, Kai Ponte wrote:
> /snip/
>
> >> How about select with mouse to copy and center mouse button to
> >> paste?
> >
> >You select with the mouse then hit or click what? I'm not sure I
> >understand. As for a middle button, isn't that only on older Sun
> >computers? I remember my Sparc 20 having one.
>
> /snip/
>
> Quintronix makes a trackball with a center button, but you'll
> have to rewire it to make it work with Linux.  Disconnect the
> center button from the existing circuitry and diode-OR it with
> the left and right buttons.  This will give the effect of
> pushing the two outside buttons at the same time, which Linux
> understands as a center push.  However, I have found that the
> Quintronix, as well as some clones that do not have the name on
> the front, "slip" after a couple of years and have to be replaced.
>
> A company called Moustrak also makes a ball with a center button,
> or used to, but the price was truly outrageous.  It was very rugged,
> however.
>
> It would undoubtedly be possible to write some code that interprets
> whatever the center button originally does, and tells Linux that
> it is whatever Linux wants, but I'm not the one to do this.
>
> It is probably simpler just to get an optical mouse or trackball
> and push the left and right buttons together to paste.

Not necessary to push two buttons , Logitech optical mouse has wheel
that is also third (center) button... werks just fine thanx.. always
has out of box;  plug in and go..

Scroll wheel and the center button are just fine unless you have a
legacy app which doesn't support center wheel. ( you can push the wheel
or if you've long fingernails there is a bit of actual button you can
push ... Or w/ most of the logitech meece there are side buttons which
can be assigned but that is not needed to make it work .

Don't try to change my attitude or rearrange my latitude;
Don't tell me what I think, I gotta get me some boat drinks