List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    RE: [SLE] OO: If you can make it, I can break it!
From:       Hans du Plooy <hansdp-lists () sagacit ! com>
Date:       2005-12-29 21:26:51

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 08:09 -0500, Ken Schneider wrote:
> Then don't bitch about how  s l o w  it is to load. That is what the
> quickstarter is there for. It does the same thing MS does, it pre-loads
> the libs. Why do you think MS requires a reboot after installing new
> software, so windows can preload the DLL's and get the app to load
> faster. Which is why each new version of windows needs newer and faster
> hardware with more memory to run.
> Oh, and the quickstarter doesn't use -that- much memory.

Maybe my understanding of this is wrong, but I thought the quickstarted
is there to do what windows do with MS Office's dlls.  Oh, and by the
way, Windows doesn't just load half of office all by itself.  There's an
app, similar to the oooqs that does that.  It used to be called osa.exe,
I think recent versions call it something else.

I'm not going to argue about this any more - it's pointless.

Hans