List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    RE: [SLE] OO: If you can make it, I can break it!
From:       "Kai Ponte" <kai () perfectreign ! com>
Date:       2005-12-29 15:20:45

> > No, I'm not aware of any tricks to tune OOo to start quicker, except
> > for the quicklauncher, which I don't use because I don't want it hogging
> > my memory when I'm not using OOo.
>
> Then don't bitch about how  s l o w  it is to load. That is what the
> quickstarter is there for. It does the same thing MS does, it pre-loads
> the libs.

Thank you. I was waiting for someone to point that out.

> Oh, and the quickstarter doesn't use -that- much memory.

Nope: oooqs currently using 0.00 user and 0.00 system percent and taking
31K of memory.

By comparison, mysqld running just below in the process table list takes
up 101K.

Unfortunately, I don't have a tool like a DLL-spy which I use in
Wintendo to see what linked libraries are loaded.

--
kai ponte
www.perfectreign.com

linux - genuine windows replacement part