Leen de Braal wrote: > KDE3.4, on SuSE10.0 > > This is a Acer Travelmate6003, which has monitor of 1400x1050. > If I rightclick the desktop, I can only see 1280x1024 as maximum resolution. > > VGA= Intel 855gm > monitor= ACER IDT-1400x1050 > These are what is configured with Sax2 > Here the res is 1400x1050, tested before saving. > > I can see that its displaying at 1280x1024, because it is not as crispy as > could be, specially in the console windows. > I also have an old Dell Inspiron 7500, that does have a crisp picture at > 1400x1050 resolution. So here kde understands the higher resolution. > Where can I find a place to let kde know, that there is a bigger monitor > available?? Or is this due to 855g driver? > > I have a sony vaio laptop with the same screen resolution, but I just selected a generic LCD monitor of the correct size. Everything is fine. Steve -- Check the headers for your unsubscription address For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@suse.com Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@suse.com