List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Press release from Novell about KDE/Gnome
From:       Andreas Jaeger <aj () suse ! de>
Date:       2005-11-30 12:25:28

Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa@gmail.com> writes:

> Wednesday 30 November 2005 16:18 samaye Kevanf1 alekhiit:

Don't know where this comes from and whether this is complete.  But it
speaks about enterprise products.

>> versions of Novell enterprise applications, the default desktop
>> environment will be GNOME. When customers install Novell Linux
>> products, they will be given the option to choose either the GNOME or
>> KDE environment during the installation process. If the user makes no
>> explicit choice, GNOME will be installed.
>
> So is that all - the final result of the big debate on both this list and
> opensuse? SUSE will have GNOME as the default environment. That's all. I hope

For SUSE Linux versions, there will be no changes, no default will be set.

> the specialized SUSE KDE package will still continue to ship. And the Novell
> OOo KDE package also?

We do continue to invest in both GNOME and KDE and therefore the items
you mentioned are supported,

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, aj@suse.de, http://www.suse.de/~aj