List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    [SLE] Press release from Novell about KDE/Gnome
From:       Kevanf1 <kevanf1 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-30 10:48:55

I've just got this in a newsletter direct form Novell.  It should ease
everybody's mind...I hope.

KDE and GNOME

There has been a lot of debate over the last few days in the media and
on message boards about what is happening regarding GNOME vs. KDE at
Novell. Here's the situation. All future enterprise-class Linux
product releases, including Novell Linux Desktop, SUSE Linux
Enterprise Server and Novell Open Enterprise Server, will continue to
ship with both the GNOME and KDE desktop environments. In upcoming
versions of Novell enterprise applications, the default desktop
environment will be GNOME. When customers install Novell Linux
products, they will be given the option to choose either the GNOME or
KDE environment during the installation process. If the user makes no
explicit choice, GNOME will be installed.
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

34 Hill Street