List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Printer Problems
From:       eddieleprince <eddie.howson () dsl ! pipex ! com>
Date:       2005-11-22 18:15:47

Le Dimanche 20 Nov 2005 20:48, Kai Ponte a écrit :
> Having an issue on my Mom's system. She runs SuSE (short u) 9.2 on a
> Monarch Systems AMD Sempron 3000 with 1GB RAM. She has an Epson Stylus
> Photo 300r USB printer.
>
> Everything's been plugging along just fine since March when I upgraded her
> from Windows. She's even gotten used to YOU updates and having to reboot
> once every few weeks. (Okay, well, she used to reboot every day, but
> realized you don't have to under Linux.)
>
> Last week, however, her printer stopped. I can't figure out what's going
> on. CUPS says the printer is alive and well. Printing a test page from the
> printer console works fine. However, there is never any output from
> printing in KDE or using the lpr command. The print jobs simply queue up
> and stall. I've reinstalled the printer and no luck.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Where should I look?
>
> I know I need to get her upgraded to 10 pretty soon (along with OOo 2.0)
> but want to get this resolved first.
> --
> kai
> www.perfectreign.com
>
> linux - genuine windows replacement part

A good place to start is the log files.
/var/log/cups/access_log
/var/log/cups/error_log

You could also check your hosts.deny and hosts.allow files
/etc/hosts.deny
/etc/hosts.allow

I currently use an Epson stylus photo r300 and have no problems (although I am
using SUSE 10.0 but I had it installed and working with 9.3 if not earlier).

Good luck

Eddie