List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    [SLE] Headless install without VNC and DHCP
From:       "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons () globalsymmetry ! com>
Date:       2005-11-19 11:23:50

One of my monitors just flamed out, right in the middle of booting to do an
installation of SuSE 10.  It would be very difficult to move another monitor
to that system right now, and I would like to do the install using some kind
of remote X connection.  IOW, stick in the CD (it has no DVD) utter a few
magickal incantations, reboot the machine in such a way that I can attache to
the install process using X from a running SuSE box, and drive the install
from there.  I have the media on the network, so once I get control of the
system, I can install from the network.  At least that would be most
convenient.

Can this be done?

Steven