List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Sound not working correctly in SuSE 10.0?
From:       "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons () globalsymmetry ! com>
Date:       2005-11-16 19:00:42

On Wednesday 16 November 2005 12:15 pm, Marc Chamberlin wrote:

> Thanks Steven, but I am still not having much luck... When I bring up
> the YAST >Hardware>Sound Configuration GUI, I get two items listed as
> follows -
>
> Number              Card Model
>                            Sound card
> Not configured   ES1983S Maestro-3i (Dell Inspiron 8100)

The errors you are describing are very similar to what I was getting with an
SBLive!.  I don't recall all that I did, but I know one of the steps was to
delete the existing entries.  Perhaps you should try to remove all the sound
related RPMs.  That can be a hastel, especially if you are not familiar with
the way all this works, I don't have a better suggestion.  Hopefully someone
else does.

Steven