List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Evolution Exchange Client
From:       "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons () globalsymmetry ! com>
Date:       2005-11-16 14:37:07

On Wednesday 16 November 2005 09:30 am, James Ogley wrote:
> > Is the Ximian Evolution Microsoft Exchange connector open source?
>
> Yes.
>
> In the event you want more information, it's the evolution-exchange
> module in GNOME CVS, and the evolution-exchange package in SUSE (well,
> 10.0 at least).

After posting, I googled it up, and found a very specific announcement from
Novell on this.  I haven't messed with that in a long time, but it was one of
the most irksome aspects of trying to use Linux in a corporate environment.
IIRC, the new exchange servers were running an open protocol, and existing
open source tools could connect to them.

Steven