List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Recommended Graphics Card
From:       Felix Miata <mrmazda () ij ! net>
Date:       2005-11-14 1:43:05

Nick Zentena wrote:

> On Sunday 13 November 2005 20:00, Felix Miata wrote:

> > You can get them, if you don't mind spending upwards of US$150:
> > http://www.cvtinc.com/products/keyboards/menu.htm

>         And how does it feel?

Exactly like a Northgate, because that's the company that took over
Northgate's keyboard manufacturing.

>         My idea of a good keyboard is an old Northgate. Which used to cost more then
> $150.

My Northgates cost me in the $89-$99 range when I bought them in 1990. I
didn't pay extra for function keys wasting space where junk keyboards
have them up top.

> > My eBay US$5 G400 does 16 bit 1792x1344 perfectly fine,
> > thankyouverymuch.

>           Glad you're happy with that.   $5 on Ebay. Plus shipping. Plus how much
> time looking for it? Or About $40 from a local shop with a full warranty. I
> think you over paid. I'd never waste $5 on something I can walk into a store
> front and get a new one for $40.

Lowest price around here on new is around $60. Mine were bulk purchase.
The $5 was just the share including shipping allocable to one item.
Locally I'd never find one like I have new or used, much less a bunch of
them pulled from old IBM puters for one low money. Once they've survived
breakin, they need no warranty, particularly at that price.
--
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."
                                                Philippians 4:13 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/