List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Recommended Graphics Card
From:       "Hans du Plooy" <hansdp-lists () sagacit ! com>
Date:       2005-11-13 17:25:47

> On Saturday 12 November 2005 12:41 pm, Hans du Plooy wrote:
> If it is any help, I've had no problems with either. My machines all have
> ATI
> (Radeon) cards and my mom has nVidia. All systems run great, including 3d.

Oh I've had plenty of problems with both ATi and nVida, but I've always
managed to get it working one way or another.  I've used both sets of
binary drivers since they were first released, so I've been through all
the stages.

These days there are SUSE specific instructions for either, and if you
follow them closely you will get it working.  So the choice is really a
matter of personal preference.

I prefer ATi, because:
1. To my eye, the image quality is superior to nVidia
2. The nVidia driver still prevents my TV card from working full screen at
anything 640x480x16bit

But that's just me....

Hans