List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Recommended Graphics Card
From:       Phil Burness <pburness () btopenworld ! com>
Date:       2005-11-13 9:14:38

On Saturday 12 November 2005 21:49, Felix Miata wrote:
> Phil Burness wrote:
> > I'm in the market to upgrade my graphics card.
>
> Why?
Main reason is that I am also upgrading my monitor to a 19" TFT that can
support 1280x1024. My current monitor can't, also my current graphics card
has 32Mb memory and I suppose more is better?

> > I know it's an emotive subject,
> > but can anyone recommend a good quality card that works well with Xorg? I
> > don't do games, I do do photo graphics though.
>
> I have about a dozen machines anywhere from 8 years old to 8 months old.
> My newest graphics card is 7 years old; with RAM anywhere from 4M to
> 16M; Tseng, ATI & Matrox. The old stuff tends to be bulletproof as long
> as you don't need 3D, and they don't need extra fans either.
> --

If your newest machine is 8 months old how come your newest graphics card is 7
years old? did you buy a bare bones and have an old card lying around?