List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    [SLE] authentication of Windows share fails
From:       Konstantinos Georgokitsos <kgeorgokitsos () nomioan ! gr>
Date:       2005-05-05 5:35:24

Dear all,

I am trying to access a windows share on one computer from my SUSE 9.2 box
using either smb:// kio-slave on konqueror or the smb4k application. Neither
seems to be working anymore, as the authentication fails and keeps asking me
for the password, while at least via konqueror it was no problem last week. I
tried several accounts and also tried changing passwords.

I can, however, access a share with user and password on another windows
machine. Duh...

Anyone seen this behaviour before?

Cheers,
Kostas