List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] SPF plugin for postfix
From:       Guillermo Ballester Valor <gbv () oxixares ! com>
Date:       2005-02-28 10:54:35

As today I relased a new SPF policy deamon, with the only changes in docs. It
is convenient to note some things with the aim that other policies were
compatible with this one when running simultaneously.

It is recommended to change the name of socket file from 'policy' to
'policy-spf' . So the master.cf and main.cf file have to include lines as
follows

> To run this from postfix, add the line from /etc/postfix/master.cf:
>
> policy  unix  -       n       n       -       -       spawn
>   user=nobody argv=/usr/bin/perl /usr/lib/postfix/smtpd-policy-spf.pl

policy-spf  unix  -       n       n       -       -       spawn
  user=nobody argv=/usr/bin/perl /usr/lib/postfix/smtpd-policy-spf.pl

> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
>    reject_unknown_sender_domain
>    reject_unauth_destination
>    check_policy_service unix:private/policy

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
    reject_unknown_sender_domain
    reject_unauth_destination
    check_policy_service unix:private/policy-spf

NOTE that the only change is the name of socket. Anyway, if you already have
installed the policy server, you don't need to change. You also can install
and run the new greylist policy package plugin in addition to this one.

Guillermo
--
Guillermo Ballester Valor
gbv@oxixares.com