List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Re: NFS setup problem -- fixed
From:       Jeffrey Laramie <suse-linux-e () trans-star ! net>
Date:       2005-02-28 0:50:04

On Sunday 27 February 2005 11:34, James Hatridge wrote:
> Hi Jeffrey et al....
>
> On Saturday 26 February 2005 19:09, Jeffrey Laramie wrote:
> > What is the output of "rpcinfo -p" on each of the machines?
> >
> > Can you telnet to the portmapper daemon?
> > telnet hostname 111
> >
> > Jeff
>
> For some reason when YAST scans for NFS severs on my home net it can not
> find any. BUT when I set NFS by hand, it works fine. Could this be a bug?

YaST will only search for servers in the local subnet, but other than that
when everything is set up correctly YaST has always seen the server as
expected on my machines. If it doesn't, then I would verify that routing,
DNS/hosts and firewalls are all configured correctly. You can always type the
full host name of the server into YaST or manually edit /etc/fstab if all
else fails.

Jeff