List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Gnome
From:       Randall R Schulz <rschulz () sonic ! net>
Date:       2004-12-28 16:19:17

António,

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 08:05, "António P.F.Ferreira de Almeida"
wrote:
> I' m using Suse 9.1 Personal, with KDE only.
> What packages need I install for using Gnome too ?
> Thanks.

If you use YaST's Install and Remove module, you have two things to go
on in making such determinations:

1) The "Package Group" listing mode. Choose it from the pop-up at the
top left of the installer window. Locate the GUI section of the System
category and there you'll find an sub-section for "Gnome." It shows all
the Gnome core packages.

2) Automatic dependency resolution. Choose the packages for the
Gnome-based applications you want to use and let the YaST installer
resolve all the dependencies.

Randall Schulz