List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Python-gtk 2.4.0
From:       Stephen Boulet <stephen () theboulets ! net>
Date:       2004-10-14 13:16:42

On Thursday 14 October 2004 08:38 am, Regis FLORET wrote:
> > If you get carried away feel free to do the same for wxpython 2.5.x ...
>
> You have to download wxPython2.5.2.*.src.rpm or wxPython2.5.2.tar.bz2
> (there's a spec file in the tarbz2) from wxPython web site, install it
> and build it with rpmbuild. That's what I did. It works perfectly, all
> files to the right place.
>
> Regis

Under Gentoo I was running into problems when I wanted audacity on my system,
which was built with an earlier version of wxPython. I see that Suse's
version of audacity depends on libwx_gtk2-2.4.so.0, so the issue would be
there too.

Maybe the solution is to install (not upgrade from stable) some of the more
bleeding edge versions of these programs in /usr/local.
--

Stephen

If your desktop gets out of control easily,
you probably have too much stuff on it that
doesn't need to be there.
         Donna Smallin, "Unclutter Your Home"