List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] KDE locking the whole box on SuSE 9.1
From:       Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard () fugro-jason ! com>
Date:       2004-08-26 15:23:06

* Randall R Schulz <rschulz@sonic.net> (Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 08:03:21AM -0700)

> 4a) Heat sink(s) clogged with dust
> Personal experience leads me to claim this one is insidious, since unless
> you remove the CPU heat-sink fan and blow out the heat sink, you probably
> have no idea how much dust is in there, And though the fan happily spins,
> it moves almost no air through the heat sink.

> My system went from working fine to slightly instable to completely
> useless in less than a day!

Compressed air !

Just make sure you don't accidentally kill the dustpuppy
http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=19980106&mode=classic

> > --
> >    __O
> >  =`\<,
> > (=)/(=)

> Randall Schulz
> --
> Ride, Eat, Sleep ... Ride, Eat, Sleep ... Ride, Eat, Sleep

Insert some code,debug,sysdmin in between and you nore or less describe my
day ;)

Currently listening to: ph2004-8-14d4t02

        Gerhard,  (faliquid@xs4all.nl)   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __0	People have round shoulders from fairing heavy loads.
 =`\<,	And the soldiers liberate them, laying mines along their roads.