List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] KDE 3.3 is Out -- Taking the Plunge (?)
From:       Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard () fugro-jason ! com>
Date:       2004-08-20 15:07:02

* Carl William Spitzer IV <cwsiv@juno.com> (Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 03:59:10PM -0700)
> One question is how much memory is demanded.
> I have a 8meg card on a PII 350.

The amount of videomemory does not enter into it.
Recommened is at least 128M of normal RAM,
but I have had it running on an old laptop w/ 64M of ram , but it is
ssllooww

> CWSIV
>
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:54:04 -0500 "Steve Kratz" <steve@townnews.com>
> writes:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> KDE 3.3 final has been released and there are already SuSE 9.1 RPMs
> >> available on the German SuSE servers:

> >> FTP Host: ftp.gwdg.de
> >> Dir:
> >>
> >/pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/suse/i386/supplementary/KDE/update_for_9.1/
> >>
> >> Add "yast-source" to the end to configure a new YaST installation
> >source
> >> that will make the 3.3 updates installable through the YaST Install
> >&
> >> Remove module.

Kind regards,
 --
Gerhard den Hollander                           Phone :+31-10.280.1515
ICT manager                                     Direct:+31-10.280.1539

solely for the use of the addressee. This e-mail shall not be deemed binding
unless confirmed in writing. If you have received it by mistake, please let us
know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; you may not copy this
message or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note that any views or
opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of the company. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The sender therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission.