List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] xine and kaffeine (John Andersen)
From:       Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard () fugro-jason ! com>
Date:       2004-07-29 8:00:41

* Adam Cooper <adam.cooper@port.ac.uk> (Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 08:53:02AM +0100)
> On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 05:38, John Andersen wrote:
> > Having both is not unusual - comes that way on SuSE 9.1,
> > but SuSE installs a crippled xine.
>
> How so? I'd like to know to see if it's worth replacing.

Legal reasons.
e.g. DVD playback requires the DeCCS stuff, which is illegal under the DMCA
in the US. (IIRC)

Currently listening to: CD Audio Track 09

	Gerhard,  <faliquid@xs4all.nl>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O	Art is a moral passion married to entertainment.  Moral passion
 =`\<,	whitout entertainment is propaganda, and entertainment without