List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] 9.1 masquerading and firewall oddities
From:       Jason <jglane () btopenworld ! com>
Date:       2004-05-11 20:58:22

Replying to my own post -- looks like this issue is fixed in a patch now
available on YOU. Thanks due to SuSE for fixing it! So, in order to fix a
seemingly non-working  net connection, you need to connect to the net and run
YOU...... ;-)

A quote from the notes for the record:

sysconfig - The sysconfig scheme

This update fix the restart of the firewall after a dialup connection is
established. Without this restart, all ports are closed on the dialup
interface and the connection seems to be not working.

On Monday 10 May 2004 00:46, Jason wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having troubles getting networking set up correctly in my fresh new
> installation of 9.1 -- I had the network functioning fine with 8.2, and I'm
> sure it wasn't as difficult as this to set up...
>
> I've found if I configure the Firewall for forwarding and masquerading and
> ssh, while not connected. Subsequently connecting using kinternet or
> cinternet, access to the internet is blocked.
<snip>