List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    [SLE] No gnome shutdown/reboot/power-off on logout in SuSE 9.0...
From:       Roy Butler <roy.butler () jpl ! nasa ! gov>
Date:       2004-05-08 4:39:44

Hi,

I'm getting no gnome shutdown/reboot/power-off on logout in SUSE 9.0 (as
a non-root user), though if I logout and go back to the display manager
I can do it from there.  This is just a cosmetic issue and I think I've
tracked it down to the lack of the PAM console module for security
reasons.  Is this correct or am I just missing something?  I also found
threads about being in the proper group or having execute access to the
underlying commands, but that didn't seem to lead anywhere.

Thanks,
Roy