List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Re: VariCAD, was [SLE] Epson Stylus Photo 2200
From:       Stanley Long <slong () customcpu ! com>
Date:       2004-04-26 23:49:48

On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 05:54, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> The Sunday 2004-04-25 at 21:28 -1000, plain wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately this is an area where linux needs to make major inroads.
>
> I heard about a "BricCads for Linux", but I have no idea how good/bad it
> is.
Try BRL-CAD at http://ftp.arl.mil/brlcad/
 ... free, but requires registration

for a short explanation, see
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/graphics/fileformats-faq/part3/section-20.html
===========  BEGIN QUOTED MATERIAL =====================
The BRL-CAD Package is a powerful Constructive Solid Geometry (CSG)
based solid modeling system. BRL-CAD consists of over 100 different
programs, including an interactive geometry editor, a ray tracing
library, two ray-tracing based lighting models, a generic framebuffer
library, a network-distributed image-processing and signal-processing
capability, and a large collection of related tools and utilities.
Release 4.0 is the latest version of software which has been undergoing
continuous development since 1979.

The BRL-CAD documentation is distributed in five volumes: