List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Re: VariCAD, was [SLE] Epson Stylus Photo 2200
From:       Tony Alfrey <tonyalfrey () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2004-04-26 12:44:57

On Monday 26 April 2004 03:28 am, Mike McMullin wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 23:36, Tony Alfrey wrote:
<snip>
> > VariCAD is
> > a) about 400 bucks US
> > b) a true solid modeler, sorta like Autodesk Inventor
> > c) will generate dxf 2-D files, and 3-D iges and dwg files that are
> > readable by autocad but not "importable" into autocad.  So autocad
> > cannot edit the files.
<snip>

>   Is the .IGES translator good enough for the like of WorkNC
> *horribly fussy)?
>
>   Mike

Ummm,  I don't know what you mean.  I usually provide the 2-D dxf file
and the solid iges file to my machine shop.  Then, if I forget a
dimension on the dxf, they pull up the iges solid to measure the part.
The translator works 99% of the time and VariCAD is working on a new
kernel that is supposed to fix a variety of small annoyances..

--
Tony Alfrey
tonyalfrey@earthlink.net