List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] local maildelivery problem
From:       "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas () tiscali ! es>
Date:       2004-03-05 21:10:17

The 2004-03-05 at 17:24 +0100, luksedj luksedj wrote:

> i can connect from the commandline to loopback.mydomain 25 and postfix
> answers my connection. There is no firewall running either spamassin has
> never been turned on, amavis is, but now is turned back off and uninstalled.
> The log continues with similar lines from all the mails in the queue.

Hold on: loopback.mydomain is another machine, isn't it? Then it needs to
have an MX entry in the DNS server. I think you might be able to trick
postfix to send to it without that requirement, but you need to write the
IP number on the postfix configuration file somewhere - not sure about
this. [...] Ah, read this, it applies to you:

# On an intranet, specify the organizational domain name. If your
# internal DNS uses no MX records, specify the name of the intranet
# gateway host instead.
#
# In the case of SMTP, specify a domain, host, host:port, [host]:port,
# [address] or [address]:port; the form [host] turns off MX lookups.
# If you specify multiple SMTP destinations, Postfix will try them
# in the specified order.
#
# relayhost = [an.ip.add.ress]

> in the warn logfile there appear (only sometimes) messages like this:
>
> 5 15:13:43 nfspdt2 postfix/smtp[11038]: warning: host
> loopback.mydomain[127.0.0.1] greeted me with my own hostname
> nfspdt2.mydomain
> Mar  5 15:13:43 nfspdt2 postfix/smtp[11038]: warning: host
> loopback.mydomain[127.0.0.1] replied to HELO/EHLO with my own hostname
> nfspdt2.mydomain

Weird. Perhaps you have copied the configuration from one computer to the
other: if so, change its domain name (/etc/postfix/main.cf):

myhostname = telperion.valinor

Make sure you set the computer name in yast, network configuration,
different for both.

--
Cheers,
       Carlos Robinson