List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] PuTTY & SuSE 9.0
From:       "Chris Purcell" <suse () cjp ! us>
Date:       2004-03-04 20:42:37

Joe Polk said:
> You can save that setting for each entry in Putty. Just put in the
> hostname,  choose port 22 then go down on you left and choose SSH and
> set it to ver. 2.  Now go back and save that host entry. It should use
> ver. 2 each time you log  on.

Joe, I'm about to deploy about 30 SuSE workstations across the country as
a demo for a project.  If everything works out, this could turn into 200
SuSE workstations.  Since they are workstations, they use DHCP and don't
have static IPs.  Also, it would be more work to set PuTTY up with each
workstation saved as a host.  I really need a server-side solution.

Thanks,
Chris