List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    [SLE] Bad superblock with Reiserfs and LVM
From:       Koenraad Lelong <k.lelong () ace-electronics ! be>
Date:       2004-02-16 8:00:18

Hi,
I got a problem with my disk. I can't access a partition that's setup
with LVM. Boot.msg says :
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/system/net,
        or too many mounted file systems
So I think I have to recontruct the superblock, but with LVM I'm not
sure what steps I have to take.
I tried to rescue the partition with the install software, but this
didn't work out.
I suppose I have to go to the rescue system, but then ? Like in the boot
procedure : vgscan to see some information, vgchange to activate the
volume group, then what ?
I have another partition in that volume group, this seems to be OK. Oh,
this happened after I had to force reboot the machine (it froze rocksolid).
Any pointers and help are welcome !
Thanks.
--
Met vriendelijke groeten,