List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Where is kmail?
From:       Richard Atcheson <ratcheson () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2004-01-31 3:36:41

On Friday 30 January 2004 02:56 pm, pinto wrote:
>  eddie lamented:
> > I've attempted to update my kde to kde3.2, which went sadly wrong
>
>                 ~ maybe, a safe way is to use APT
>
>  { guess you could use rpm -e command to delete your troubled kde, and
>     then install properly matched kde & its component parts, using APT }

An even safer way is to wait another few weeks.  My installation with apt was
about 95% succesful.  The other 5% was such a disaster that I reverted back
to 3.1.5.  And I'm still not there completely!

I couldnt get Konqueror to work right, kmail was crashing frequently.   Lost
K3b entirely. Lost my setup for Opera.

What worked, worked smoothly and looked good, if you like the XP washed out
look, except for the kasbar thing which is still with me even with a
reinstall of all of KDE.  Don't like that little thing at all!

Another 2cents for those collecting such things.
richard