List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] ext3 kernel support
From:       Jerome Lyles <susemail () hawaii ! rr ! com>
Date:       2004-01-13 8:32:42

On Sunday 11 January 2004 10:54 pm, Anders Johansson wrote:
> Jerome Lyles wrote:
> > Seems as if the ext3 fs module is not loaded.  Is that module aic7xxx?
>
> No, aic7xxx is a driver for Adaptec SCSI hardware. And you don't need to
> have ext3 in the initrd unless your root partition is ext3 (I assume
> it's reiserfs)
>
> make sure you have the file /lib/modules/2.4.21-166/fs/ext3/ext3.o
> Also make sure you run "depmod -a" as root. Then try mounting the ext3
> partition again

I don't seem to have the fs directory:

 ls /lib/modules/2.4.21-166-athlon
build/   modules.dep             modules.parportmap  oprofile/
dvb/     modules.generic_string  modules.pcimap      pcmcia/
kernel/  modules.ieee1394map     modules.pnpbiosmap  pcmcia-external/
misc/    modules.isapnpmap       modules.usbmap      v4l2/

How do you suggest I get these missing files?