List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Kernel 2.6.1.
From:       Richard Bos <radoeka () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2004-01-11 15:04:28

Op zondag 11 januari 2004 14:25, schreef James Knott:
> > I would like to go back to the 2.6.0 kernel, but I don't have the rpm
> > anymore :(  I have the files: System.map-2.6.0-0-default,
> > vmlinux-2.6.0-0-default.gz, vmlinuz-2.6.0-0-default around.  Is it
> > possible to install these (which are needed?) and get a 2.6.0 kernel
> > back, or should the libs and related files be changed too?
>
> Did you delete the 2.6.0 kernel?  Whenever I've updated the kernel, I'd
> leave the old one in place an update the boot loader.  That way, it's a
> simple matter to go back.  You can even have multiple kernels available
> for booting.

I prepared the boot loader and to my big surprise 2.6.0 did not boot anymore
after the upgrade :(   I verified the correct working of the boot loader for
2.6.0 and it worked.  The reason that 2.6.0 is clear however, when using rpm
the older version is replaced with the newer one !-/

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless