Art Fore, 08.01.2004 18:36: > I tried installing it, but it came up with a controlcenter rpm conflict. > > Art > > Paul Cooke wrote: > > >It would appear that Novell have launched a new version of Ximian Dektop with > >support for SuSE 9.0. > > > > > > > >|PROVO, Utah - Jan. 06, 2004 - - Novell today announced that Ximian® Desktop > >|2, the leading enterprise Linux desktop, now supports the latest editions of > >|Linux client operating environment software from SUSE LINUX, a leading > >|provider of Linux software and services. With this release, Novell's Ximian > >|Desktop now supports SUSE* LINUX Desktop and SUSE LINUX 9.0. The update also > >|includes the Ximian Edition of OpenOffice.org 1.1, GAIM instant messenger > >|client and updated Ximian Red Carpet™ 2.0 configuration management client > >|software. > >| > > > >Has anyone tried this new version yet??? > > > >I'm not brave enough to go and risk screwing up this install, the last time I > >tried Ximian, I ended up having to do a complete re-install. > > > >Paul Cooke > > Look at the package list and you will see, that most of them are much older than ULB/SuSE ones. And they are making updates very rarely. I see no sense of using it. ain -- Check the headers for your unsubscription address For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@suse.com Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@suse.com