List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    RE: [SLE] Updating GIMP
From:       James Ogley <james () usr-local-bin ! org>
Date:       2003-12-31 11:04:05

> I did install using the RPM's that came with SuSE 9.0.  There was no over
> writing.  There were two separate gimp pref directories as well ~/.gimp-1.2
> && ~/.gimp-1.3 (iirc)

The person asking is using SuSE 8.2, and yes, the GIMP 1.3 packages in
the APT repository will overwrite the 1.2 package installed.

However, you can build that version from source, and parallel install it
that way
--
James Ogley, Webmaster, Rubber Turnip james@rubberturnip.org.uk
http://www.rubberturnip.org.uk Jabber: riggwelter@myjabber.net