James Hatridge: > HI Don et al.... > > On Sunday 28 December 2003 19:25, Donald Henson wrote: > > On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 09:32, James Hatridge wrote: > > > Hi all... > > > > > > I've got a couple of files that are too big (ca. 60 - 70mb each) to get > > > into audacity to edit. How can I break these files up into, say, 5 to > > > 10 minute size? And then put them back together when I'm done editing? > > > > I just loaded a 63.9 MByte MP3 file into Audacity and it worked just > > fine. There must be something wrong on your end. Are you working with > > limited RAM or small swap space? > > Mmm both? I have about 290mb main memory and the same swap. What it seems > to me is that Audacity imports MP3 as wav files. That would make a 64mb > file about 640mb alot too much for my RAM. > > I'm going to work more on it in the morning, > Are you sure you are using the > 1.2.0 version of audacity? With older versions there are problems on linux machines. ain -- Check the headers for your unsubscription address For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@suse.com Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@suse.com