List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    [SLE] Help with wireless on Laptop
From:       Rocco Charamella <rcharamella () comcast ! net>
Date:       2003-12-24 20:15:06

I've got a Dell Inspiron 8200 with a Netgear MA401 wireless card. I'm running
Suse 9. Network Devices sees the card and seems to have it configured but I
can't get it to work. I've tried PCMCIA set to kernel and external. If I set
it to kernel and insert the card, the light on the card show steady green
like it's connected but when I do ifconfig or iwconfig, it doesn't show wlan.
If I set it to external and plug the card in, the green light on the card
blinks, like it's not connected, but when I run ifconfig and iwconfig, it
does show wlan0. I'm kindof new to linux, but had this working in Suse 8.2.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks