List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Re: MainActor and vcd
From:       marcia <raknakce () cox-internet ! com>
Date:       2003-11-30 22:38:30

John Pettigrew wrote:

>In a previous message, marcia <raknakce@cox-internet.com> wrote:
>

>>I have the Main Actor 3.5 on my Suse 8.2 and made a mpeg that I was hoping
>>to change into vcd so that I may burn it on cd.
>>

>If the mpeg definitely conforms to the VCD standard, just use k3b (off the
>SuSE DVD). Start a new video project, drag in your mpeg and burn  :-)  To
>test whether it is OK, if you're not sure, I'd simply burn it to a CDRW and
>test the result!
>
>If it's not the right format, use kavi2svcd (which is a front end onto
>transcode and other stuff), which someone pointed me to a few days ago. This
>will convert files into the correct formats and even burn the CDs (although
>I still used k3b for this because I know how it works  :-)
>
>Of course, if you do have to change the format, start with the version
>nearest to the original to avoid degradation owing to repeated compression.
>
>John

Thank you John. Yes, I already tried burning it in K3b but it is not vcd
formatted so was not accepted. I thought it was supposed to be ready to
turn into vcd, but I have not been able to do so yet.  I will try using
that kavi2svcd. I thought it had to be an avi file first to use that. I
have an mpeg file that is supposed to be vcd ready but apparently is
not. Will I have to turn the mpeg into avi first? Thanks for the help.
Once I get this formatted into vcd then I should be able to burn it.

By the way, I thought one could burn mpeg directly to a cdrw. K3b will
not burn my mpeg. I guess I am missing something here.

Thanks for the help.

Marcia