List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    [SLE] Kernel-2.6-test11 and generic SCSI
From:       "Catimimi" <Catimimi () libertysurf ! fr>
Date:       2003-11-30 17:34:58

I reported a few days ago problems with SCSI disks and swapoff.

The problem is now solved. Test9 and earlier load too late the sg module =
and test10 and 11 don't load it !!!

If you add sg to the list of modules to load on boot, it is loaded too =
late and swapoff doesn't work.
So either add sg in the list of INITRD-MODULES, or better add the line :
add below md sg
in modules.conf and rebuild modprobe.conf.

If works fine, no longer need of activation of boot.scsidev as I =
reported earlier.

Don't try to build generic devices support in the kernel, you'll get an =
Oops!!!

Michel.