List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Say Help! - DVD and xine
From:       Olle Viksten <olle () viksten ! com>
Date:       2003-10-27 7:52:37

söndagen den 26 oktober 2003 21.20 skrev Carlos E. R.:
> The 03.10.26 at 16:16, Karel De Vriendt wrote:
> > Installed Suse 9.0.
> >
> > To make xine play DVD, is it sufficient to install libdvdcss?
>
> I'm using suse 8.2, but I gues it would work - at least, you can try. But
> from what I saw on the suse 8.2 spec file and sources, there are many
> codecs that are dissabled because they are in fact patented or with
> unknown legal status. So, it would be more correct to say that it would
> work unless you need a codec that is not available.
>
> > success (and certainly not for Suse 9.0).  I do not want to start
> > compiling things if this can be avoided.
>
> It's early, I guess. But you can try to recompile suse's version enabling
> the codecs. I failed, though, it was far easier to compile from sources.

Or get ogle at http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/groups/dvd/

I downloaded and compiled it yesterday. Worked fine, menues and everything.

Olle

--
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left.
Registered Linux User 61169 http://counter.li.org

Magick! Bettie Page! Crossfire!
http://www.viksten.com