List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] gnome
From:       James Ogley <james () usr-local-bin ! org>
Date:       2003-10-09 6:54:54

> non sequiteur. You can use red carpet AND usr-local-bin gnome. It's not an
> either/or situation. One is a desktop environment, the other is a package
> manager. not the same thing

But the fact is that Dread Carpet is geared towards installing Ximian's
packages.  When I have used it, it has shown scant little respect for
packages not produced by Ximian Inc.
--
James Ogley, Webmaster, Rubber Turnip james@rubberturnip.org.uk
http://www.rubberturnip.org.uk Jabber: riggwelter@myjabber.net